Planning the e-Portfolio
As a capstone project for the Masters of Education Technology (MET) program at the University of British Columbia (UBC), this e-portfolio will demonstrate skills and competencies in accessing, analyzing, creating, reflecting and taking action within the field of educational technology. Through synthesizing my experiences and learning, I will validate my expertise within this growing area of endeavour. Through a focused reflection, I will create new artifacts, connect learning in new ways and reflect deeply on why I engage in teaching and learning with educational technology.
This e-porfolio is created for my instructor and classmates in the ETEC 590 course. It will be shared with current and former professional colleagues, MET candidates (past, present & future), other educators interested in ed. tech., and potential partners in teaching/learning ventures around the globe. The completed portfolio will serve as a model for students and educators interested in the application of electronic portfolios within a post-secondary context.
By creating this e-portfolio, I will continue to learn through the complex and evolving field of educational technology to:
- present evidence of familiarity, understanding and ability
- demonstrate links between research and practice
- reflect on personal learning to build new connections and adaptive knowledge
- build on relationships and communities of practice
- share a compelling journey of life long renovation that examines a 'value creation story' (Wenger & DeLaat, 2011)